Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Room for many things...

My intent is to create a space attached to the house, 3 m wide x 4 m long, built of prefabricated and insulated sheetmetal.

To prepare the ground to withstand such elevated load, a reinforced concrete slab, 25 cm thick, has been calculated. The slab top shall match my living-room finished floor grade.

This space shall be exclusively used for all the tasks related to my new aquarium. It shall house an area with kitchen cabinets and a sink, which shall serve as a “mini-laboratory”, the support to place the sump, another one for reactors, and a third one for the quarantine aquarium. Most of the surface shall be occupied by the table that will bear the aquarium.

I mean all areas to be easily accessible, because, luckily, I have enough space for that.

Another concern is to create a perimeter space on top of the table and along the aquarium to easy access to work in the aquarium, with a ladder useful and safe to climb onto the aquarium platform.

To make the most of a chimney I have to intercept to be able to build the enclosure, I want to place an exhaust fan of significant dimensions to remove all hot air that would condensate in the upper area of the room due to the heat generated by the HQI. With a plain thermostat, it shall work when ambient temperature rises over a prefixed limit.

Also, I have located potable water, drain, and power outlets to serve as necessary. I also think that it would be recommendable to provide the room with a catch basin flush with the floor, to collect any water that may drop due to overflows or a “catastrophe”…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home