Sunday, August 21, 2005

An aquarium that looks like a swimming-pool…


Well, the design for my new aquarium is ready! It shall have two additional internal overflows, 30 cm L x 20 cm W each. I have calculated glass thicknesses, and these have resulted approximately 15 mm. To prevent glass bends due to water pressure, glasses shall have a top perimeter reinforcement, and a central one.

As I want it to have a closed recirculating pump system, I have planned for the use of 3 nozzles at all aquarium sides, and an outlet to each recirculating pump at each side of the rear part of the aquarium.

Moreover, I have prepared inlets at the tank base to place water injectors to stir the refuse that may accumulate on the areas hidden by rocks as requested or constantly. I have planned to place the water inlet from the sump at the rear or the aquarium. I suppose that this could be a bit unsightly, but I think that it is the best way for water to recirculate in the aquarium in the most homogeneous way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home